His Majesty King Willem-Alexander and Her Majesty Queen Máxima will visit all six islands of the Caribbean part of The Kingdom from November 12th till November 21st. On November 14th they will visit Saba, on November 15th St. Eustatius and on November 16th Bonaire.
Starting point of the visit is that as many people as possible on the islands get the opportunity to see and meet the King and Queen. The Island Governors of the three islands of Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius, are the hosts and have put together a program, which is stated below.
The King and Queen will be accompanied during their visit by the Minister of the Interior Affairs and Kingdom Relations, Dr. R.H.A. Plasterk.
Thursday November 14th Saba
• Official reception at J.E. Yrausquin Airport;
• Short theatre play by children at the airport at the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the airport;
• Visit to the Spring Bay Heritage trail and explanation of recently excavated old sugar mills and infrastructure of a sugar plantation;
• Visit to the Organoponics Farm, biological farm and social work place(finalist of the “kroonappels” of the “Oranje Fonds”);
• Visit to the Juliana Sports Field with special attention for history on Saba and performances;
• Lunch with the members of the executive council and the island council;
• Visit to The Bottom with a flag parade of 40 international nationalities who live on Saba;
• Reception with social partners from nine sectors;
• Visit to a social housing project
Friday November 15th St. Eustatius
• Official reception at F.D. Roosevelt Airport;
• Visit to the ‘science fair’ with presentations by children of five schools;
• Visit to Buzzy Bees, day care center for children;
• Lunch with members of the executive council and island council;
• Visit to Hazels Plantation, which is stimulating the growth of vegetables and fruit on St. Eustatius;
• Visit to theHistorical Foundation Museum in relation to the opening of the exhibition 150 years abolishion of slavery;
• Cultural festival at the Wilhelminapark.
Saturday November 16th Bonaire
• Official reception at Flamingo International Airport;
• Visit to the Wilhelminaplein with demonstations of sports, start of the ‘bebe awa’ campagne (to stimulate young people to drink water) and presentations of activities of various non profit organizations on Bonaire;
• Visit to the “Stichting Verslavingszorg en Psychiatrie” (SVPCN);
• Lunch with the island governor and rijksvertegenwoordiger;
• Visit to Cocari, day care center for elderly people and older people’s organization in Rincon;
• Visit to youth center Jong Bonaire for the opening of the photo exhitition ‘Dare to Share’, young photographers from Bonaire, Statia and Saba;
• Reception of the island governor with amongst others a meeting with the members of the executive council and the island council.