The Saba Comprehensive School (the only school for secondary and vocational education on the island) seeks a teacher for the following subjects per August 2020:
History + Geography + Caribbean Studies (0.8 – 1.0 FTE)
Our new colleague must possess a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree and a teaching certificate. Experience with or knowledge of the CXC (CCSLC/CSEC/CAPE) is preferred.
As an educational professional the applicant must be able to employ and teach 21st century skills, to differentiate and to give the proper holistic care and attention to students in (and outside of) the classroom. In your application letter it should be made clear what would be your overall contribution to the educational development of the Saba Comprehensive School.
If you would like more information about the school or have any questions, please visit our website (www.learningsaba.com) or Facebook page. You can also contact the director directly via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The appointment is by contract. Salary scale will be according with the established salary scaling for secondary education on the Dutch BES Islands.
Contact and application: Candidates should send the information listed below as a single pdf file attached to an email before January 1, 2020:
- A letter of application, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in becoming our new colleague;
- A statement describing your educational philosophy, not to exceed two pages;
- A current résumé not to exceed two pages;
- A one-page list of references with current, accurate email addresses and phone numbers;
- A maximum of three letters of reference that may already be in your possession.
Please forward applications to Mr. Franklin Wilson, President of the Saba Educational Foundation, St. Johns, Saba (email@example.com) and to the director of the SCS (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Saba Comprehensive School | Address Thais Hill Road, St.Johns, Saba, Dutch Caribbean
Phone (0599) 416 3270 | Website : www.learningsaba.com